||GAT - (Grand Achivement Test )
NAME OF THE TEST
14th Grand Achivement Test
(Target +2 Maths)
Students studying in 12th statndard of Tamilnadu State Board (Govt. , Govt. Aided, Matric, Anglo-Indian) Schools.
To give a perfectly simulated atmosphere of the public examination in Mathematics in preparation, writing and evaluation of performance in :
Regular Mathematics &
Tamil Nadu State Board syllabus.
Precisely the latest model of the public examination with 15% questions solvable with what is taught.
Saturday just before Pongal every year. (04.01.2014 Saturday)
10 am to 1 pm (3 hrs).
Your own institution.
The Head of the institution (or HOD of Maths. Dept.) shall be the Chief Superintendent, with freedom to appoint necessary supervisory staff for smooth conduct of the test.
Rs. 35/- candidate, of which Rs. 5/- shall be retained by the institution for ALL the expenses to be incurred except the honorarium to the teachers which will be paid by the AMTI. An additional concession of Rs. 5/- per pupil will be offered to those institutions which are members of the AMTI.
CORRECTION OF SCRIPTS
Answer scripts of students will be evaluated by teachers of other schools on exchange basis.
Teachers evaluating the scripts will be given an honorarium of Rs. 6/- per answer script. They will be nominated by the respective Chief Superintendant through whom the disbursement will be done.
(No other claim will be paid by the AMTI)
HOW DO WE PROCEED ?
- The Chief Superintendant gives wide publicity to the students regarding the test.
- He/She collects the fees, retains Rs. 5/- per child of the total collection and sends the balance by DD (not by M.O.) payable at Chennai or Banker's cheque in favour of "The Association of Mathematics Teachers of India" together with the data sheet duly filled, on or before, the 1st December. Local institutions can pay in cash against receipt.
- Question packets will reach the centre (from the AMTI) at least one day before the test. (by courier service, wherever possible.)
- The test is to be conducted by the Chief Superintendant on the scheduled date between 10am to 1pm.
- At the end of the test, the answer scripts are to be bundled, sealed, and sent by courier service to the institution to be specified by the AMTI. (Scripts should not be sent to the AMTI).
- Care will be taken, to the extent possible, for exchange of approximately equal number of answer scripts. The Chief Superintendent will get the scripts evaluated as per the key to be supplied by the AMTI.
- The corrected bundles with the marks list will be sent by the Centre Superintendant to reach the respective schools on or before 1st February. One copy of the mark list will be sent directly to the AMTI and as per specification in the call notice.
- Scripts with 200 marks should be sent to the AMTI for approval.
- Results will be posted by the AMTI on 8th February, along with the honorarium for evaluation work.
- Certificates of appreciation to all the students scoring 90% and above.
- Awards to all students scoring 95% and above.
- Medals to all the students scoring 100%.
- (No student can claim medals / awards under more than one category.)
- These will be sent to the institutions at the latest by 1st March.
DATES TO REMEMBER
|Last date for entries to reach the AMTI
Question packets from the AMTI to reach the institution,
(By courier service wherever possible)
At least one day earlier to the exam date.
|Conduct of Grand Achivement Test
Saturday just before Pongal as per the calendar every year.
|Answer bundles to be sent by the Chief Suprintendant to another institution (to be specified) for exchange.
Corrected bundles and marks lists to reach
the concerned School & Marks list alone to AMTI
|Announcement of results and disbursement of honorarium for evaluation Awards / Certificates to be sent by AMTI
||Latest by 15th February
- The cooperation of the institutions is essential to maintain the schedule strictly.
- The decisions of the AMTI will be final and binding on all matters related to this project.
Sri. G. Gnanasundram
Sri M. Mahadevan