- To discover and encourage students who have the capacity for original and creative thinking, readiness to attack unfamiliar and non-routine problems exhibiting a general mathematical ability appropriate to their level.
Students from Schools, Junior Colleges of all boards, Degree Colleges and Technological Institutions in India and also Schools affiliated to the CBSE abroad.
|1||Primary||Gauss Contest||V and VI Standards|
|2||Sub Junior||Kaprekar Contest||VII and VIII Standards|
|3||Junior||Bhaskara Contest||IX and X Standards|
|4||Inter||Ramanujan Contest||XI and XII Standards|
|5||Senior||Aryabhata Contest||Degree Classes in Arts, Science & Technical Colleges|
MEDIUM: English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil or Telugu (at present).
The medium for Senior Level is English only.
Rs. 75/- per candidate (out of which Rs.15/- only will be retained by the institution for all expenses and Rs.60/- per candidate to be sent to AMTI.)
- The amount paid once is not refundable on any account.
|Last Date for entries||15-07-2019 *|
|Preliminary Test||31st August 2019 , (Saturday) 2 to 4 PM|
|Despatch of 10% best results||05-09-2019 by speed post/courier|
|Final Test||2nd November 2019 (Saturday) 1 to 4 pm|
|Despatch of Answer Books||Same day (only by Speed post)|
|Announcement of Results||By the end of the December 2019|
|*late entries may not be entertained|
The areas covered are, mainly
- Number theory
- Graph theory & combinatorics.
- Number Theory:
- Combinatorics & Graph Theory :
Polynomials, Relations between Roots and Coefficients, Solving equations, Inequalities and Complex numbers.
Geometry of Triangles and Circles.
(Trigonometric methods, vector methods, complex number methods, transformation geometry methods can also be used to solve problems)
Divisibility, Diophantine equations, Congruence relations and Theorems thereof, Prime numbers and Elementary results on Prime numbers.
Counting techniques, Pigeon-hole principle, Principle of Inclusion and Exclusion, Basic Graph Theory.
Problems pertaining to these concepts will be of non-routine type with difficulty level increasing from RMO to INMO to IMO.
To motivate students in non-routine problem solving from primary level onwards, contests at four levels- Primary (V & VI), Sub-Junior (VII & VIII), Junior (IX & X) and Inter (XI & XII) - are conducted by AMTI.
The standard of the questions are class appropriate, except that they require original thinking. Questions in Primary and Sub-Junior require the students to have a clear understanding of the concepts learnt in their classes. Junior and Inter are more difficult, as the students of these classes are ready to face PRMO and RMO and are expected to have a fundamental knowledge in all the topics listed above.
A glance at the Questions and Solutions of previous years, from the books published by the AMTI will facilitate students to understand the nature of these contests, at all levels. For details about the books visit our website amtionline.com
- Entries in the proforma enclosed only will be processed.
- Last date for receipt, in our office at Chennai will be 15th July 2019 for all entries and DD or cash
- The exact registered name of the institution as in bank should be incorporated in the application form. There have been instances of names not registered suitably with post offices and banks leading to our communications not being delivered. The applying institution is responsible for communicating proper complete address to AMTI
- For the final examination, candidates should report only at the centres fixed and no change will be permitted. If for any reason they are unable to do so they will forfeit the chance. No further claim will be entertained. Candidates may report with photo ID cards issued by respective institutions where they study, at the centre, for taking the final exam along with our certificate (the admit card) of the preliminary exam.
- Only top 10% will be permitted to take the final exam. In case of additional names communicated to AMTI the excess students over and above 10%, will be dropped by us.
- Results are declared after taking enough care, checking and cross checking only. No claim for change will be entertained.
- Communications are sent by post or courier well on time. Individual reminders cannot be done except for emergency by telephone or email.
- This being a talent contest at all India level for final, marks alone do not speak. We may decide merit holders by interviews also, if found necessary.
- Centres for final level will be intimated to participating schools well in advance.
|Dates of remembrance|
|Last date for entries to reach the AMTI||15.07.2019 *|
|Question packets/ message on it from the AMTI to reach the institution, latest by||10 am on 01-09-2019|
|Preliminary Test||31st August 2019 (Saturday) 2pm to 4pm|
|Despatch of 10% best results||05-09-2019|
|Final Test||2nd November 2019 (Saturday) 1pm to 4 pm|
|Despatch of Answer Books||2nd November 2019 (Saturday) 1pm to 4 pm|
|Announcement of Results||By the end of the December 2019|
** Individuals applying directly to AMTI will be intimated the center at which they should take the examination. The decision of AMTI regarding the centre allotted is final.
- A self addressed, post card of postal dept. for acknowledgement of receipt of data sheet and DD.
- The filled in Data Sheet and
- A Demand Draft in favour of The Association of Mathematics Teachers of India or AMTI, payable at Chennai for the amount to be sent to AMTI (namely, Rs. 60 × number of entries – only for institutions).
- Individuals will pay Rs.75/- each.
- Local institutions may pay by cash against receipt.
- NEFT oriented direct payment along with data sheet will also be accepted.
- Online payment also accepted.
- Amount paid once is not refundable on any account.
- All correspondence regarding the competitions must be addressed to:
- The General Secretary,
The Association of Mathematics Teachers of India (The AMTI)
B-19, Vijay Avenue, Old No 37, New No 85,
Venkatarangam Street, Triplicane,
Chennai – 600 005. 044-28441523
* Entries without the Data Sheet will not be entertained *